Tuesday, May 3

My Kind of Party

image: Noel

There are very few DJs out there that get to play exactly what they want at a party.  Fans will want to hear the song that made you famous or a specific sound.  This makes sense from a party goers perspective, but sometimes I think the audience needs to put trust in the DJ and believe that he will provide a good (and fresh) time if they would just stop yelling for more Deadmau5.  That is not to pick on Deadmau5, but there is so much good music out there it would be a crime to revert back to the easy choice.
  And so I created a mix that I feel fits the essentials of a party into one jampacked hour of gumball funk sleekness.  It is an uncompromising mix of tunes that fit my version of the perfect party: equal parts fun, dancing, weirdness and edge.  These songs are still popular, but I doubt your average partygoer would request them... yet.

I (roughly) mixed them myself in case you wanted to download them.
Or play them by track in the playlist player.

My Kind of Party Mix by SNDTRKDLFE

1. Willie Graff & Tuccillo - Give You Up (Give You Up, 2010)
     Willie has been a resident DJ at Cielo for years and every time I've seen him play, he hits
       the mark.   Genius intro and trippy funk guitar.
2. Adam Port, Sante - Own (Own EP, 2010)
    This was my pregame jam last year.  So fun.
3. Baltimora - Tarzan Boy (Living in the Background, 1985)
    First started listening to this after rewatching Beverly Hill Ninja for the 10th time, but now
      I legitimately enjoy it.
4. The Pleb - One for Senegal (African Groove, 2003)
5. Siriusmo - Blaue Sonne (The Plasterer of Love, 2010)
     That sunshine funk.
6. Andreas Hennenberg & Simon2 - Bolingo Gringo (It Began in Africa, 2010)
    Featured on It Began In Africa, a fundraiser album for the African Children's Choir.
    Sampling  native vocals into a tech-house tune works perfectly here.
7. Moby - I Love to Move in Here (Last Night, 2008)
    As first seen in Two Lovers.
8. La Fleur - Flowerhead (Flowerhead EP, 2011)
     Ew.
9. Azari & Ill - Reckless With Your Love (Tensnake Remix) (2010)
    Yes, that is C&C Music Factory you're hearing.
10. Maya Jane Coles - What They Say (What They Say 12", 2010)
    Rounding it out with a slick and slightly creepy outro to signal the end of the party.  Grab some
    pizza and stumble home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

((feedback))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...